Ph: 1300 GET PROOF or 1300 438 776 - 24 hour service, our phones are answered by real people and a licensed investigator will discuss your matter with you free of charge.
Mobile: 0418 220 250 PLEASE ONLY USE THIS MOBILE NUMBER IN VERY SERIOUS AND VERY URGENT MATTERS OUTSIDE OF BUSINESS HOURS. WE HAVE A FULLY STAFFED OFFICE AND WE ARE CONTACTABLE ON THE ABOVE NUMBERS 24X7 365 DAYS A YEAR.
- In 1983 the Department of Defence in Washington DC, USA at the direction of the Deputy Under Secretary Of Defence, Richard G. Stillwell, General USA (Retired) carried out a comprehensive analysis of the then available literature on the accuracy and utility of Polygraph testing/ Lie Detector testing.
- A three-year study was completed in 1987 at the University Of Utah, funded by the National Institute Of Justice, US Department Of Justice using Polygraph test/ Lie Detector test results conducted in criminal investigations by the US Secret Service. These Polygraph test and Lie Detector test results showed an overall accuracy rate of approximately 95% for the Polygraph/Lie Detector both on suspects later confirmed to be guilty and those later confirmed to be not guilty.
- Again in 1987 a Polygraph test/ Lie Detector test field study conducted with the cooperation of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) reported that RCMP Polygraph examinations/ Lie Detector examinations were 100% accurate on suspects who were later found to be guilty and 95% accurate on those later found to be not guilty.
- A later Polygraph test/ Lie Detector test study in 1997 using criminal cases from the RCMP files indicated the Polygraph examinations/Lie Detector examinations were 100% correct in detecting guilty subjects and 94% correct in identifying not guilty suspects.
- In 1994 Professors Susan Amatol and Charles R. Honts conducted a scientific survey of the US Membership of the prestigious Society For Psychophysiological Research, the international scientific organisation representing the parent science for polygraph test/ Lie Detector test techniques. When asked their opinion of the usefulness of the results obtained by means of properly conducted Polygraph tests/ Lie Detector tests, 83% of the scientists who were well informed about the scientific polygraph Test/ Lie Detector test literature indicated a favorable opinion of the diagnostic utility of Polygraph Test/ Lie Detector test results.
- Many Polygraph testing/ Lie Detector testing studies were examined in which results “considerably above chance were indicated and most Polygraph tests/ Lie Detector tests had an accuracy rate in excess of ninety percentile”. The analysis also found the polygraph is not limited to the culture of the USA. Research results were similar throughout the world regardless of the culture or language.
Recently in 2006, a man serving a life sentence in a Western Australian gaol, Andrew Mallard (no relation to the owner of Lyonswood, Warren Mallard) was released when it was found that much of the evidence against him was fabricated. This man was tested twice by Lyonswood’s Polygraph Examiners and found on both occasions to be telling the truth. We used two different examiners and both found that there was no deception. This is a well documented case and material on this case can be found at
THE AFOREMENTIONED DATA ARE THE MOST COMPELLING EVIDENCE OF THE LEGAL ACCEPTANCE OF THE USEFULNESS OF POLYGRAPH TEST/ LIE DETECTOR TESTS FOR ASSESSING THE TRUTH AND DECEPTION. Physiological measurements for the detection of deception have been developed and subjected to scientific evaluation for almost one hundred years and the most commonly used Polygraph tests/ Lie Detector tests and instruments are based on generally accepted scientific principles. It is well established that certain stimuli such as questions to which a person is lying during a Polygraph test/ Lie Detector test produce involuntary changes in the autonomic nervous system. These reactions include skin resistance (palmar sweating), increased blood pressure, pulse rate and decreased/increased respiratory activity, all of which are measured with modern Polygraphs testing/Lie Detector testing. Attempts at faking are well known and readily understood by the experienced polygraph examiner.
PEOPLE DON’T BEAT THE POLYGRAPH MACHINE.
THEY BEAT THE POLYGRAPH EXAMINER.
THAT IS WHY IT IS IMPORTANT TO HAVE A COMPETENT QUALIFIED POLYGRAPH EXAMINER.
BEFORE TAKING A POLYGRAPH TEST/LIE DETECTOR TEST MAKE SURE YOU OBTAIN THE GENUINE QUALIFICATIONS OF THE POLYGRAPH/LIE DETECTOR EXAMINER.
LYONSWOOD INVESTIGATION’S POLYGRAPH EXAMINERS/LIE DETECTORS ARE QUALIFIED IN THIS FIELD AND ARE MEMBERS OF THE AMERICAN POLYGRAPH ASSOCIATION. They are qualified through the Western Oregon University as Certified Polygraph Examiners and have trained with the Los Angeles Police Department, U.S. Secret Service, Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department and the FBI.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING A POLYGRAPH TEST/ LIE DETECTOR TEST?
- Usually there are three parties to a Polygraph test/ Lie Detector test. The Polygraph/Lie Detector examiner and the two individuals that need to resolve their issues. Usually just one person undertakes a Polygraph/ Lie Detector test, it is also possible to test two persons however, not in the one test. In the first instance an interview takes place between all parties so that the Polygraph examiner/Lie Detector examiner understands the issues. Once it is determined who is going to undertake the Polygraph examination/ Lie Detector examination, the questions are formulated and agreed upon and the Polygraph Examination/Lie Detector examination is explained to all parties.
- The person undertaking the Polygraph test/ Lie Detector test is then connected to the polygraph machine and then the Polygraph testing/Lie Detector testing and questioning process begins. At the completion of the Polygraph/Lie Detector test, a period of time is taken to analyse the print out from the polygraph test machine and to correlate the questions asked with the responses recorded upon the polygraph test machine. This is a most important process.
- Once the responses have been analysed, the results of the Polygraph test/Lie Detector test are then verbally provided to the party/ies. At the completion of the polygraph test/Lie Detector test and approximately three working days later, a written report of the findings is compiled and provided to the authorised party. The Polyugraph test/Lie Detector test process takes approximately three hours so allow adequate time for the procedure.
HOW DO I ARRANGE A POLYGRAPH TEST/ LIE DETECTOR TEST?
- To arrange a Polygraph test/Lie Detector test it is preferable that the issues you need to resolve are thought out carefully and a list of questions that you need the answers to, written down.
- Once you have these questions prepared, call Lyonswood Investigations on (02) 9819 6833 and arrange to make an appointment for the Polygraph Test/Lie Detector test test to be conducted.
- If you decide to have the Polygraph test/ Lie Detector test carried out you will need to secure the appointment by making a deposit of 50% in advance with Lyonswood Investigations which is non refundable. Lyonswood Investigations accepts Bankcard, Visa card, MasterCard and cash. It does not accept cheques or other cards. The balance of the total polygraph test / Lie Detector test fee, is payable on the day of the Polygraph test/ Lie Detector test immediately preceding the test. A receipt for the full amount (including GST) will be issued. In the event the agreed appointment is not kept, the deposit amount will be forfeited. In the event that another appointment is made for a Polygraph examination/ Lie Detector examination and kept, the forfeited deposit will be considered for reimbursement minus some charges incurred in the cancellation.
If you are taking any medication and you are going to be polygraph tested we will need to know in advance what that medication is. This may alter whether we can in fact conduct the polygraph examination/lie detector examination.
If you are fitted with a pacemaker we need to know this in advance as it will definitely effect the results of the polygraph and may preclude a test being conducted.
If you are pregnant and about to undergo a polygraph we need to know as the foetal heartbeat can affect the outcome of the polygraph test / lie detector test and the wearing of a blood pressure band can also affect the flow of blood.
THIS IS A SCIENTIFIC PROCESS, CONDUCTED BY
LYONSWOOD’S QUALIFIED LICENSED PROFESSIONALS
We look forward to assisting you in your personal matter.
Confidentiality and discretion guaranteed.
Please call Lyonswood on 1300 GET PROOF or 1300 438 776 to discuss your matter and arrange an obligation and cost free interview or e-mail us at email@example.com You can also look at our testimonials and case histories.